Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's recess

Dear Readers,
I have always had great respect for writers, but lately my admiration has grown exponentially. In the last little while, I realized that I was beginning to either run out of ideas or repeating the themes I had previously written. I don't know how columnists and writers continue to come up with brilliant pieces week after week (some day after day), but I confess, I am not of their ilk.

Since I don't care to bore, I'm going to take a recess to explore different blog writing possibilities. I hope to write again, and will post a message when I do.

In the meantime, if you have suggestions, please send them to me.

I have to thank those of you who read my musings regularly. It never dawned on me that people would actually read what I wrote. It's an awesome feeling!

Until the bell rings,
Barbara A.

4 comments:

  1. You could try going to http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/tips-and-tools/top-education-blogs and see what something there or in the links might trigger in your thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! I seem to have what I call 'writer's laryngitis'. I need to find my voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. Actually, you are probably finding that nothing that is appropriate for your blog is making you laugh, or cry, or annoying you that much right now - you just need to look around - something will get you going again (and I look forward to it) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your vote of confidence! And what you say makes sense...there are no burning issues at the moment.
    Being a teacher for so many years causes me to think in terms of 'themes'. I take the theme as far as I can run with it, and then it's time for a new one.
    I guess I'm not prepared to write in a hodgepodge fashion--talking about school one moment, and a bad hair day in another, for example.
    Finding the next theme to tackle will be the challenge. Can't wait until it finds me!

    ReplyDelete